Friday, January 18, 2008

pinkberry, the new craze i swear.


pinkberry, tried the white chocolate chips
Originally uploaded by jleighb

have you ever thought to yourself, "I wonder why frozen yogurt doesn't actually taste like yoplait yogurt"? Good. Neither have I. Although when I brought the pinkberry spoon to my mouth and sampled what they called "ooey goodness" I nearly had an epiphany.

So what makes pinkberry so different? Well it doesn't taste anything like what you would find at a Goldenspoon. The yogurt at pinkberry has a mild tart flavor to it. Garnished with fresh fruit, cereals, or even yogurt bits will make this a flavor-texture sensation. A friend of mine says that Pinkberry was born from two asian entrepeneurs and from what I was told this new U.S. phenomenom is totally a "has been" in Asian countries like Korea where you will find a frozen yogurt place next to every starbucks.

I will be honest however, Pinkberries cannot technically call their product yogurt because it does not contain the right amount of bacteria culture to be qualified as "real" frozen yogurt. However! The answer to all you folks out there that are yearning for even higher concentrations of bacteria culture still have your options. Places such as Beachberry and Yogurtland are popping up all over the nation. I have even found my own fix of froyo (frozen yogurt for all you non trendy food freaks) in south Florida! So rush, rush, hurry hurry lover you have to witness this.

1 comment:

Jinra said...

I want yogurt now after reading this.