Saturday, January 19, 2008

Emily


Today I had the chance to head out to the beach with my Nikon D40. Emily has always wanted me to take pictures of her and I also thought it would be a great idea so that I could practice using my camera. My goal during this photoshoot was to try and find a happy medium with being different and representative of what I want to portray as a photgrapher, while still being pretty for Emily to frame and keep with her. Emily really is so great to work with because she will do whatever I tell her as well as provide me some insight into what she wants to do.

I wanted to portray two side of Emily that I have come to know. The first side was a collective side, a side that is more grounded and reflective. The second side of Emily that I wanted to capture was a happiness that is carefree and purely joy. The reasons why I love to portray sides of people that emulate them is simple; when you take a photograph of someone's real emotions or real personality those are the photos that come through the best. My goal as a photographer is to elicit an emotion inside the viewer that causes them to feel a raw human emotion. In this photoshoot it was happiness and collectiveness.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Jinra said...

Tuan I think you have a natural nack for photography. The way you compose your photos looks like you've been doing this for years.