Monday, June 29, 2009

My observations re: the passing of MJ.

I have noticed over the couple of days some interesting yet unsuprising behavior of the society around me.  After the death of michael jackson, it seems as though everyone in the world is so remorseful of his death and giving him and his life an endless of "RIP you will be missed...".  Now I think that it is one thing if you say that and have been a true fan and admirer of MJ but half those people are people who have said MJ jokes or deplored him as some kind of freak or pedophile.  It dissapoints me that MJ could have such a large fan base suddenly turn on him and then all of a sudden admonish him again.  Do you people not realize the err  of your ways?  iyou know, MJ might have done things that were a little unusual...but think about the kind of broken childhood he must have had.  Think about what it must feel like for a child to be denied the basic wonders many children experience...all for fame and money.   Sure MJ was a bit off the wall but you can only blame the society itself for establishing such superfical and disgusting values.  MJ was a product of societys nature; the society that turned on him when he was most fragile and the same society that loves him after he dies.  I have a lot of respect for people that have never lost respect in the strides michael did in the music industry. For all the people who understood what MJ did for us and stood by him even in his most vulnerable times, I respect and admire you immensly.  For all those who turned your back and snickered and speculated only to (within one day) cry out to the world all the love and respect you had for this person....shame on you.

1 comment:

Jinra said...

It pains me to know that people are still cracking jokes about him. I am a fan and I have always seen the good in him. Whatever he has done in the past that might've appeared 'crazy' I can see as logical given the circumstances of his life. Like you said, he had no childhood, he was abused and most people in his life have turned on him in some way or other. There's nothing normal about that. What's normal is that he's done what he's done to survive and stay protected and protect his loved ones.

Man, I still miss him.